[asterisk-users] Polycom IP335

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 16 23:02:25 CST 2011

On 02/17/2011 03:20 AM, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
[snip]
> which<section>  it is under. My 3.2.x config file worked except for
> alert info, ringer, and feature settings, which was outlined in
> Simplified_Configuration_Improvements_in_UC_Software3_3_0_TB60519.pdf

Just went through that doc. Interesting read. When I came across
ind.pattern I had some hope that the MWI LED could be changed.
Unfortunately it seems ind.pattern is missing in 3.3.1 firmware.

> Either way check the log the phone uploads on the provisioning server.
> It will tell you which parameters were rejected. You can also find the
> number of parameters accepted in rejected in the phone's menu.

No parameters were rejected. Maybe my perception of "backlight off" is
incorrect. When it is off I expect it so be similar to a Cisco 7961. So
no light whatsoever and very hard to read in dim light. Yet in the Idle
state the screen of the IP670, to me, still looks like it is still lit
and I can clearly read anything that's on the screen. Made pics of
backlight "off" in idle state and on. Am I missing something?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pjl/tmp/IP670_backlight_off.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~pjl/tmp/IP670_backlight_on.jpg

Regards.
Patrick