[asterisk-users] Polycom IP335

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 07:23:40 CST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Patrick Lists
<asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> No parameters were rejected. Maybe my perception of "backlight off" is
> incorrect. When it is off I expect it so be similar to a Cisco 7961. So no
> light whatsoever and very hard to read in dim light. Yet in the Idle state
> the screen of the IP670, to me, still looks like it is still lit and I can
> clearly read anything that's on the screen. Made pics of backlight "off" in
> idle state and on. Am I missing something?
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~pjl/tmp/IP670_backlight_off.jpg
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~pjl/tmp/IP670_backlight_on.jpg
>
> Regards.
> Patrick

The color screen must be different or it is a firmware bug. Was it any
different on 3.2.x vs 3.3.x? On my IP550 you can still read the screen
with the backlight off, however the screen background is dark. At
night with the backlight off the display doesn't light up the room and
is hard to read. The backlight has a whitish color when it is on.

Ryan