[asterisk-users] Polycom IP335

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:20:13 CST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Patrick Lists
<asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 02/17/2011 12:10 AM, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
>>
>>   <up>
>>     <up.backlight up.backlight.idleIntensity="0"
>> up.backlight.onIntensity="3">
>>     </up.backlight>
>>   </up>
>
> Here's what I have:
>
> <up
> up.idleTimeout="10"
> up.backlight.idleIntensity="0"
> up.backlight.onIntensity="3">
> />
>
> That's obviously using a different way (is syntax the proper word?). Don't
> know if that could make a difference. The config does work except for this
> setting and the MWI chirp.

Your config looks fine to me. For the 3.3.x series they changed how
the xml was grouped. For a setting like x.y.z it used to just be <x
x.y.z="value" /> now it is <x><x.y x.y.z="value"></x.y></x>. From what
I have noticed the phone only cares about the x.y.z="value" and not
which <section> it is under. My 3.2.x config file worked except for
alert info, ringer, and feature settings, which was outlined in
Simplified_Configuration_Improvements_in_UC_Software3_3_0_TB60519.pdf

Either way check the log the phone uploads on the provisioning server.
It will tell you which parameters were rejected. You can also find the
number of parameters accepted in rejected in the phone's menu.

Ryan