[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 & asterisk 1.8.22 ringlist.dat error

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Tue Feb 15 12:02:04 CST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM, James Miller <paramedic18 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did that and this is what I got when I tried to play the 24 ringtone:
>
> 13:29:16.573318 IP 192.168.1.103.50849 > 192.168.1.60.69:  39 RRQ "Emergency
> ring_emergency.pcm" octet

That line should read something like:
blah..  RRQ "ring_emergency.pcm" octet

According to the line you send, the phone is requesting the file:
"Emergency ring_emergency.pcm"

> In the ringlist.dat file in the first column I typed the display name then
> hit the tab key.  Now on some it only moved a couple of spaces over, on
> others, it tabbed way over.  Not sure whats going on there with that.

Not sure what editor you are using, but are you certain that it is
inserting Tabs, and not spaces when you hit the tab key?

If you want, you can send me the file off-list and I'll take a look at it.

-Jonathan