[asterisk-users] MP3 Crashing Asterisk

Timothy Smith timotsmith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:48:20 CST 2011

Thank you for the pointers.

I have checked my system, I seem to have the real mpg123. see below.

----------------------
[root at ivr2 en]# mpg123
You made some mistake in program usage... let me briefly remind you:

High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layers 1, 2 and 3
        version 1.13.0; written and copyright by Michael Hipp and others
        free software (LGPL/GPL) without any warranty but with best wishes
.
.
.
See the manpage mpg123(1) or call mpg123 with --longhelp for more
parameters and information.
[root at ivr2 en]# ls -l /usr/bin/mpg123
ls: cannot access /usr/bin/mpg123: No such file or directory
[root at ivr2 en]# which mpg123
/usr/local/bin/mpg123
[root at ivr2 en]# ls -l /usr/local/bin/mpg123
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 386286 Dec 15 00:13 /usr/local/bin/mpg123
[root at ivr2 en]#

I also think I installed it using yum, however, i can still install a
version from sources, just to be sure. Could you please give me the
exact URLwhere I can download a version that works well with asterisk?

Thank alot!

Tim