[asterisk-users] Queues and Agent penalty - how to go to second best agent when the first does not answer

Mike list at net-wall.com
Fri Feb 4 08:08:51 CST 2011

> I am a little confused as to what the OP wants the system to do? Call the
> proper agent, but when they don't answer, on the next call, it shouldn't
> call the same agent? OK, but for how long? 5 minutes? Until they manually
> unpause (current option as described by Kevin), 30 minutes? Should it then
> up their penalty? For how long?

I should have been more precise.  I don't actually expect all this to
happen, but here's what I wish it did:

1) Ring agents in Round Robin fashion, but always in the same order (could
simply use the already existing penalty value)
2) Always start from the top (taking into account the "ringinuse" value)

Basically, a simple _pre-ordered_ Roundrobin.

I could make this even better by (as you hinted at yourself) by using
autopause and asking for an "autounpause after x minutes" feature.  But
those two things above would be wonderful, and I was actually surprised that
it wasn't a possible setting.  Unless I can order the agents somehow, but I
seem to understand that dynamic agents are sequenced in the order in which
they joined the queue, not according to some easily defined position value.

How I would envision this being configured? A queue setting that would
define how it handles penalty.  Either in the current "Ring the best
agent(s) over and over again" or "try the good agents first, but then move
on". Just a "yes/no" value.

Mike