[asterisk-users] Queues and Agent penalty - how to go to second best agent when the first does not answer

Mike list at net-wall.com
Mon Feb 14 11:06:36 CST 2011

> > The Queue() application can automatically pause members who fail to
> > answer; this would be the solution to your problem. With that solution
> > in place, though, the agent will still need to be able to un-pause
> > when they return to their desk, and since that is the case, they
> > really should be taught to go on pause when they leave their desk as
> > well :-)
>
> Not to mention that your caller has to wait for however long your agent
> timeout is when this happens the first time, which is bad customer
> service.
>
> I am a little confused as to what the OP wants the system to do? Call the
> proper agent, but when they don't answer, on the next call, it shouldn't
> call the same agent? OK, but for how long? 5 minutes? Until they manually
> unpause (current option as described by Kevin), 30 minutes? Should it then
> up their penalty? For how long?

I thought I replied back, but can`t find my own reply on the list.

I just want a sequenced queue. I DO know that it means a bit longer waiting
time if the first agent is unavailable, but I`m willing to live with it. I
know I could write the extension to ring phones in sequence, but the queue
includes other useful functionality (and logs that can be parsed and
statistics created from it).  I would be surprised if a queue cannot be made
to ring phones always in the same order (phone A, B and C, back to A, B,
C...). Is this simple use case possible?

Mike