[asterisk-users] Queues and Agent penalty - how to go to second best agent when the first does not answer

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Thu Feb 3 22:50:17 CST 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 11:12 AM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> The Queue() application can automatically pause members who fail to answer; this would be the solution to your problem. With that solution in place, though, the agent will still need to be able to un-pause when they return to their desk, and since that is the case, they really should be taught to go on pause when they leave their desk as well :-)

Not to mention that your caller has to wait for however long your agent timeout is when this happens the first time, which is bad customer service.

I am a little confused as to what the OP wants the system to do? Call the proper agent, but when they don't answer, on the next call, it shouldn't call the same agent? OK, but for how long? 5 minutes? Until they manually unpause (current option as described by Kevin), 30 minutes? Should it then up their penalty? For how long?

Maybe some more specifics would help here.

Tom