[asterisk-users] Queues and Agent penalty - how to go to second best agent when the first does not answer

Mike list at net-wall.com
Thu Feb 3 10:27:22 CST 2011

> The Queue() application can automatically pause members who fail to
> answer; this would be the solution to your problem. With that solution in
> place, though, the agent will still need to be able to un-pause when they
> return to their desk, and since that is the case, they really should be
> taught to go on pause when they leave their desk as well :-)

Thanks Kevin,

I was hoping to use this Queue not for professional agents in a call center,
but for reception.  When the receptionist (lowest penalty) is not at the
desk, then some junior sales person can pick up those calls.

I hate auto pause, because then it`s even worst: if they forget to unpause,
customers are lost in limbo.

You know that training sales people (and receptionists sometimes) is like
herding cats ;-). So if I understand correctly what I am asking is a new
feature, not some misconfiguration on my part. I`d be curious how much it`s
cost me to have somebody develop that.  What's the current best to inquire
about such a bounty?

Thanks for answering quickly my original question.

Mike