[asterisk-users] Queues and Agent penalty - how to go to second best agent when the first does not answer

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Thu Feb 3 10:44:22 CST 2011

Mike wrote:
> I was hoping to use this Queue not for professional agents in a call center,
> but for reception.  When the receptionist (lowest penalty) is not at the
> desk, then some junior sales person can pick up those calls.

We have our receptionist setup in a front-desk queue that has 2 phones
in it.

The incoming call rings directly to the phone for 30 seconds, if not
answered, plays the, "Please wait while we find someone" and then drops
them into a queue.  At this point, it rings the operator phone again and
if that fails, the 2nd phone.

This will bounce back and forth between phones, until finally dropping
the call into our dial-by-name directory if nobody answers.

We also have both phones in a call group/pickup group, allowing to grab
a call by doing a *7

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: