[asterisk-users] Queues and Agent penalty - how to go to second best agent when the first does not answer

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Feb 3 10:12:12 CST 2011

On 02/03/2011 04:53 PM, Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve been playing with agent penalties (Asterisk 1.6.2.16). I’ve set up
> multiple agents, and as documented agents with the lowest penalty value
> get called first. The issue I have is that if the agent with the very
> lowest penalty does not answer, instead of going with to the second best
> agent the queue rings the same agent over and over and over again.
>
> I’ve realized that it will only ring the second best agent only if the
> first is unavailable or paused or inuse, but what happens when he`s on a
> bathroom break? I`d like the queue to call them in order but not be
> infatuated with its favorite agent. I know I could implement a log in
> log off system, which I have done for other queues, but this queue needs
> to be kept simple with no agent intervention when they leave for a few
> minutes.

The Queue() application can automatically pause members who fail to
answer; this would be the solution to your problem. With that solution
in place, though, the agent will still need to be able to un-pause when
they return to their desk, and since that is the case, they really
should be taught to go on pause when they leave their desk as well :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com