[asterisk-users] Queues and Agent penalty - how to go to second best agent when the first does not answer

Mike list at net-wall.com
Thu Feb 3 09:53:03 CST 2011

Hi,

I've been playing with agent penalties (Asterisk 1.6.2.16).  I've set up
multiple agents, and as documented agents with the lowest penalty value get
called first.  The issue I have is that if the agent with the very lowest
penalty does not answer, instead of going with to the second best agent the
queue rings the same agent over and over and over again.

I've realized that it will only ring the second best agent only if the first
is unavailable or paused or inuse, but what happens when he`s on a bathroom
break? I`d like the queue to call them in order but not be infatuated with
its favorite agent.  I know I could implement a log in log off system, which
I have done for other queues, but this queue needs to be kept simple with no
agent intervention when they leave for a few minutes.

Any ideas? Am I missing a parameter in queue.conf?

Mike