[asterisk-users] High verbose set at console effects the logger file "Full" - Why is that?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 18:55:25 CST 2011

> One can set the verbose level as well as the debug level. These control
> how much log information is generated at all not where it is being written.
>
> What do you mean by above? Can I see something in the logger.conf that
will keep it always at certain verbose level regardless of what command I
issue at CLI?

You see the problem I have is that Fail2ban reads the asterisk "full" log
file. So, if I am playing on the CLI and then do "core set verbose 0" and
exit the box and forget to set it back to 9 then Fail2ban stops working
because the log file hasn't logged the attack.

I still think there is a way around this and I am missing a config. Why
would anyone tie security logs to a mere CLI command?

Thanks again