[asterisk-users] High verbose set at console effects the logger file "Full" - Why is that?

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Fri Dec 30 19:36:40 CST 2011

--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com

CfMC
http://www.cfmc.com/

On Dec 30, 2011, at 4:55 PM, Bruce B wrote:

> One can set the verbose level as well as the debug level. These control how much log information is generated at all not where it is being written.
>
> What do you mean by above? Can I see something in the logger.conf that will keep it always at certain verbose level regardless of what command I issue at CLI?

No the verbose command controls how much verbose stuff is output. The debug command controls how much debug stuff is output. These are absolute controls of that information. As I said in my original email you can turn off stuff going to the CLI with the logger mute command. That way you do not adjust the verbose level at all.