[asterisk-users] asterisk registrations by SER proxy

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 08:41:14 CST 2011

I integrated Opensips with Asterisk Realtime (Asterisk sipusers/peers
point to Opensips subscribe table via a view). Opensips handles the registrations. However, when a call comes in
(INVITE is routed to Asterisk), it seems like Asterisk doesn't know
about the user (or sees the users as not authorized), so can't create
the SIP channel. (I use queues and conferencing also.)

If I route the REGISTER to Asterisk after
authorizing in Opensips, Asterisk
does the authorization/registration again from scratch. In that case call goes
through, but I end up duplicating the authorization process.

I was hoping
to take the load of handling registrations from Asterisk.  I know this is a very common scenario, but I'm not very clear about the process. Is it possible to make Asterisk be aware of those registrations made by the proxy server?

Thanks,
Matt