[asterisk-users] red alarm on tdm400 fxo (fxs signalled)

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Thu Aug 25 22:51:56 CDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:58:10AM +0800, Kelvin Chua wrote:
> I should clarify on my post, i can see a red alarm on cat /proc/dahdi/1 but
> never when using dahdi_tool
>
> in cat /proc/dahdi/1:
> Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
>
>    1 WCTDM/4/0 FXSKS (In use) RED(SWEC: OSLEC)
>    2 WCTDM/4/1 FXSKS (In use) RED(SWEC: OSLEC)
>    3 WCTDM/4/2 FXSKS (In use) RED(SWEC: OSLEC)
>    4 WCTDM/4/3 FXSKS (In use) RED(SWEC: OSLEC)
>
> In dahdi_tool:
> Tx/Rx Levels:         0/  0
> Total/Conf/Act:       4/  4/  0
>
> but the behavior status alarm is OK
> a little bit misleading, what i am thinking is adding a sort of "yellow"
> alarm or something if one of the configured fxo lines
> goes down?

I understand now. Yes, dahdi_tool is showing the alarm status for
the entire span, and for analog cards, the entire span is always
essentially green. It's the individual channels that can go into red
alarm unlike on digital spans.

Why do you want to add a yellow status? What are you trying to
accomplish that you cannot with the way things are now?

> another thing, what if 1 of the configured lines' battery is up, but there
> is no dial tone? outbound calls will try to go through
> and the caller will hear dead air.

'callprogress=yes' in chan_dahdi.conf won't help you here? It may be
able to detect dialtone before attempting to dial out.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer