[asterisk-users] red alarm on tdm400 fxo (fxs signalled)

Kelvin Chua kelchy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 03:44:51 CDT 2011

i am comparing the experience of using an analog span to a T1 for example:
if i have a 3 quad port t1 card, with the initial view of dahdi_tool, i can
easily tell if a line is not working
now supposed i have a system with 3 24port cards, with just watching the
main view of dahdi_tool,
i cannot do that, i still need to go into each one, and look at the stats

maybe it's just me but i think it's making things easier for everyone if
there is some sort of an indication
there like
please-take-a-look-at-this-as-i-have-a-port-here-without-a-battery (not
really yellow, perhaps orange? :D)

using callprogress is *experimental*
; This feature can also easily detect false hangups. The symptoms of this is
; being disconnected in the middle of a call for no reason.
it's actually ok for me, but for other zones, it might not be adviseable.
for example, calling a mobile phone and a
landline would give you a different tone and cadence for the ringback thus
billing apps will be completely screwed.
(unless already anticipated by the billing software)

what i have in mind is just plain simple. when the fxo port goes offhook, it
waits for the dial tone (based on tonezone)
after that, nothing more so as to avoid detection of false hangups. i think
this is not too hard as Newman Ventures implemented
something like this before.

Kelvin Chua