[asterisk-users] red alarm on tdm400 fxo (fxs signalled)

Kelvin Chua kelchy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 21:58:10 CDT 2011

I should clarify on my post, i can see a red alarm on cat /proc/dahdi/1 but
never when using dahdi_tool

in cat /proc/dahdi/1:
Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)

   1 WCTDM/4/0 FXSKS (In use) RED(SWEC: OSLEC)
   2 WCTDM/4/1 FXSKS (In use) RED(SWEC: OSLEC)
   3 WCTDM/4/2 FXSKS (In use) RED(SWEC: OSLEC)
   4 WCTDM/4/3 FXSKS (In use) RED(SWEC: OSLEC)

In dahdi_tool:
Tx/Rx Levels:         0/  0
Total/Conf/Act:       4/  4/  0

but the behavior status alarm is OK
a little bit misleading, what i am thinking is adding a sort of "yellow"
alarm or something if one of the configured fxo lines
goes down?

another thing, what if 1 of the configured lines' battery is up, but there
is no dial tone? outbound calls will try to go through
and the caller will hear dead air.

Kelvin Chua