[asterisk-users] Polycom and auto answer

Mike list at net-wall.com
Sun Aug 7 21:32:18 CDT 2011

Hi,

I've been meaning to fix my non-working paging feature here for a while, and
I've just spent the last 5 hours looking at many, many web pages that all
say the same thing.  I am using Asterisk 1.6.2.18 and Polycom phones, both
older (501 with "latest" legacy 3.1.7 firmware) and newer (335 and 650 with
latest 3.3.1f).

I have changed the correct values in sip.cfg like this:

<alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Ring Answer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="4" />

and
<RING_ANSWER se.rt.4.name="Ring Answer" se.rt.4.type="ring-answer"
se.rt.4.timeout="2000" se.rt.4.ringer="2" se.rt.4.callWait="6"
se.rt.4.mod="1"/>

Meaning that anything with alert info "Ring Answer" will auto-answer after a
symbolic 2ms ring.

My relevant context is this:
[paging]
exten => s,1,Verbose(1,paging)
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=30) ;to prevent call from being stuck
exten => s,n,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Ring Answer)
exten => s,n,Page(SIP/sipphone)

Sure enough, sip debug shows alert-info: Ring Answer at the correct step.
But the phones keeps on ringing and never answer.

I think I'm going blind from looking at the same solution over and over
again and not being able to implement it.  Is there something else obvious
that isn't mentioned but could result in this not working?

Mike