[asterisk-users] Answering machine answers after pickup a phone.

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Fri Aug 5 06:10:22 CDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 10:59:03AM +0200, Jorge Barreiro wrote:

>What I try to do is that, when there is an incoming call from the ouside, if
>someone answers on a phone, then the PBX won't answer.

I have a couple of VoIP phones fed through Asterisk, as well as analogue
phones linked directly to the line. In this case, picking up the
analogue phone stops the VoIP phones ringing (after ten seconds or so).
I don't know whether this would be achievable with the Asterisk
console and soundcard drivers...

Roger