[asterisk-users] Answering machine answers after pickup a phone.

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Fri Aug 5 06:24:29 CDT 2011

<snip>

I'll try to explain myself better. The PBX has only one FXO card, connected
to the PSTN. There is no other phones connected to the PBX nor SIP
extensions.
There are analog phones connected to the same PSTN.

What I try to do is that, when there is an incoming call from the ouside, if
someone answers on a phone, then the PBX won't answer.

If you want to be certain that the Asterisk system won't interfere with an
active call, you can install an exclusion device between the PSTN and the
FXO card.

Google "telephone exclusion device".

--Don

Don Kelly