[asterisk-users] Answering machine answers after pickup a phone.

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Fri Aug 5 05:44:11 CDT 2011

> Maybe you can try with to detect an answered call with BackGroundDetect()

> exten => s,1,Answer()

> exten => s,n,BackGroundDetect(silence/10)

> exten => s,n,Voicemail(1234)

I thought about that kind of solution, however...

The problem with this is that the caller will hear silence because Asterisk will pick up the phone as soon as it starts ringing.

In addition, if the caller happens to be talking before the call is answered, BackGroundDetect(silence/10) won't work.

Dan Journo
Kesher Communications (UK)
Business Phone Systems<http://www.keshercommunications.com/> | Hosted PBX<http://www.keshercommunications.com/hostedpbx.html>