[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Apr 28 16:58:03 CDT 2011

On 29/04/11 5:06 AM, Ira wrote:
> At 05:56 AM 4/28/2011, you wrote:
>> If I can install 1.8 and
>> know that I can "turn off" things to get to 1.4 "solidness", then I don't
>> have a problem with this kettle of fish. BTW, where does 1.10 fit into
>> this
>> conversation?
>
> Personally, 1.8 has never lasted more than 12 hours on my box without
> dying and once I figured out how it dies, every beta and every release
> will fail within moments if I followed the same very short test script.
> I did put up a bug report on the problem once and was told within
> moments it wasn't a bug, but I'm not smart enough to understand what I'm
> supposed to do to troubleshoot and the same configuration has always run
> on 1.2, 1.6 and 1.10 so from my perspective, it's a bug.

What's the URL to the bug you submitted?

I'm running 1.8 here 24/7 with no problems other than the ones that Alec
Davis fixed.  I've got it running in I think 4 installations and we're
not getting any core dumping or anything - obviously I'm only using a
subset of the full functionality and most modules are not included.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell