[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Matteo Piazza matteo.piazza at trentinonetwork.it
Wed Apr 27 16:37:48 CDT 2011

I agree 100%, it's too early.
There is a lot of businnes out of there based on 1.4 (even still 1.2),
and my feelings is that a lot of people is not going to upgrade the
asterisk version, they are going to stay with 1.4 for a long time yet.

Also i wanna add another little consideration. Voip is not only a
software matter, is a Telecomunication matter. And into the
Telecomunication world the first priority is the reliability and
reliability and reliability without forget that usually the lifetime of
a telecomunicaton product is much more than 4 years.

I'm not a code writer so I can't put my effort in maintaince stuff.

I think 1.4 should be open at least for some critical bug like for
example segmentation fault or memory leack.
Matteo