[asterisk-users] No voice in MeetMe for SIP with AGI_BACKGROUND

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 05:40:05 CDT 2011

In article <2658E54B540D284981EA57E6A549EA70ABD1F7C410 at INBLRK77M1MSX.in002.siemens.net>,
Deka, Rajib IN MAA SL <rajib.deka at siemens.com> wrote:

> I have seen from the following link that, for SIP channels there is no audio communication
> possible in MeetMe with AGI_BACKGROUND.
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MeetMe
>
> Currently we are using asterisk-1.6.2 and the problem still persists. Is there any solution
> available to overcome this problem? According to our requirement, we have to run an AGI
> script in MeetMe.

The fact that background AGI in meetme only works with Zap channels
is a consequence of the original design of Meetme. See these two old
posts:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-August/050725.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-August/050776.html

You will need to change to a different approach to solve your requirement.
Could you explain your original requirement? Then people on this list may
be able to suggest an alternative way to do it.

Cheers
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield