[Asterisk-Users] Re: <<< MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND inside MEET ME>>>

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 06:32:06 MST 2004

In article <BAY15-F9u3TS1NcY6Wm00004ee0 at hotmail.com>,
jeff quade <jjq90 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Tony/et-al--
>
> Thanks for the response/info so far on the AGI_BACKGROUND issue.
>
> If I read you correctly--
>
> SIP channels **May Conference** by using the ztDummy driver
> (pseudo-driver)-- but by doing so, the conferenced channels have no capacity
> to pass DTMF into an associated AGI (Tony explained this nicely!)

More than that, they have no capacity to use any AGI script at all. If they
try to, they get no audio.

> ZAP channels **May Conference** and because of the driver design, **May Pass
> DTMF** via an associated _AGI_BACKGROUND script--

I have no experience of actually trying to use AGI, but Zap channels can
use an AGI script.

> So I would guess, (please point me to docs, if any) that **EACH** true Zap
> channel within a conference may be associated with **ITS OWN**
> MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND script-- which could monitor the DTMF on its
> individual channel--??--.. Is this correct?

It certainly looks from the app_meetme.c code that each Zap channel runs its
own copy of the AGI script.

> The MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND script is NOT conference oriented BUT connection
> (channel) oriented--??--??..

Looks like it.

Note that using an AGI script loses other built-in functionality too, like
mute/unmute, kick, and MOH while there is only one user.

I can't see a reason why Zap and SIP channels couldn't use different
extensions to get to the same MeetMe room with different flags and (for the
Zap channels) different AGI scripts .

> THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION here is to have a ZAP channel conference LEADER,
> who would be able to launch "canned" audio presentations (of regional sales
> data) into an existing conference, via a PHP AGI_BACKGROUND script using the
> "GET DATA" or "STREAM FILE" AGI commands.
>
> If this sounds plausible, Im gonna fiddle with it today/week-end (Im on
> NY-Time)

I'd be interested to hear how you get on!

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield