[asterisk-users] any experience with cisco media gw with fax???

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Apr 16 10:12:45 CDT 2011

On Apr 16, 2011, at 9:27 AM, Steve Underwood wrote:

> On 04/16/2011 01:24 PM, Oguzhan Kayhan wrote:
>> Hello,
>> We have a sip trunk end point with cisco media gateway.
>> VoIP works fine.
>> But when we try to send faxes thru this trunk, we simply can not.
>>
>> Is there anybody experienced such problem and solved?
>> How should i set sip.conf and udptl.conf.
>>
>> I already have t38pt_udptl=yes in sip.conf
>>
>> Thank you.
> How old is the Cisco software? It appears they completely changed their T.38 software platform a couple of years ago. Before that is was awful. I wasted a lot of time, while developing my T.38 platform, hunting down problems that turned out to be broken Ciscos. Since the new software has spread into the field, the complaints have largely gone away.

I have the following in my dial-peers, but *KEEP IN MIND*, for calls placed to a POTS dial-peer on a Cisco, it won't do 'fax rate disable' etc.. on that side of the session if the origin doesn't match a dial peer as well, so it may be worthwhile to have a high priority (catchall) peer that has something like .T as the pattern with your catch-all parameters.

PBX TIE:

dial-peer voice 7700 pots
 answer-address 77..
 destination-pattern 77..