[asterisk-users] any experience with cisco media gw with fax???

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Apr 16 08:27:46 CDT 2011

On 04/16/2011 01:24 PM, Oguzhan Kayhan wrote:
> Hello,
> We have a sip trunk end point with cisco media gateway.
> VoIP works fine.
> But when we try to send faxes thru this trunk, we simply can not.
>
> Is there anybody experienced such problem and solved?
> How should i set sip.conf and udptl.conf.
>
> I already have t38pt_udptl=yes in sip.conf
>
> Thank you.
How old is the Cisco software? It appears they completely changed their
T.38 software platform a couple of years ago. Before that is was awful.
I wasted a lot of time, while developing my T.38 platform, hunting down
problems that turned out to be broken Ciscos. Since the new software has
spread into the field, the complaints have largely gone away.

Steve