[asterisk-users] Problem with Swift app and escape digits

zac wolfe zac.wolfe at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:08:43 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Here's the syntax of the Swift command from voip-info:

     Swift([<Voice>^]the text to speak[|<timeout in ms>|<maximum
digits to listen for>])

Since the Swift application (inexplicably) doesn't support support
escape digits directly, I'm setting timeout to 1 and max digits to 1
so that pressing any key will stop the audio:

     Swift(my text to vocalize|1|1)

This works but my problem is, if the caller doesn't press any digits
there's a 5-second pause after the text is vocalized before the
command returns.  This happens both over FastAGI and in the
extensions.conf directly.  There is no delay when timeout and max
digits is omitted.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Zac Wolfe