[asterisk-users] Debugging DTMF Detection

Antônio Theóphilo antonio at freeddom.com
Tue Apr 12 18:30:08 CDT 2011

Hello

Does someones know a good low-level way to debug the DTMF that is arriving (or not arriving) at Asterisk? We've already used the DTMF logger level.

The picture is the following:

We are developing an application that calls to a customer to get authorization information through DTMF. We've used at development environment SIP/IAX channels and everything was great and the work was done (almost). When we deployed this system in production (using E1 and ISDN), we were unable to get the DTMFs. The user presses the tones but nothing happens at Asterisk. We are using an E1 card from a local supplier (Digivoice/Brazil) and a E1 from a local operator and as both sides blames each other, we've got stuck. This is why we need to know some way to point out the problem, is the operator that is not delivering the DTMF or the E1 card supplier that is not configuring properly the card? We've tried two configurations depicted below (voicerlib and dgvchannel are specifics to our local supplier's card):

Scenario 1: libpri-1.4.11.4 ; asterisk-1.8.2.3 ; voicerlib-4.2.3.0 ; dgvchannel-1.0.8_beta1
Scenario 2: libpri-1.4.11.5 ; asterisk-1.6.2.13 ; voicerlib-4.2.3.0 ; dgvchannel-1.0.6

Any help/suggestion trying to get us out of this is welcome.
Regards
Antonio