[asterisk-users] Asterisk as a Condo door opener/intercom

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 11:37:09 CDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

Looking to replace a condo intercom system. Apparently the current one taps
into the lines and dials phone numbers but needs to be changed as it's
faulty.

I will probably still use the same analogue dialing and back it up with a
VoIP line and use the current cabling that is in place. But as for as the
door opening function goes, I am not sure how to interface and how open
these modules are usually built.

I would appreciate it if someone with experience can throw in some pointers
as to what I might be facing and what challenges I have to solve to replace
this with a nice Asterisk system.

Thanks,