[asterisk-users] Asterisk as a Condo door opener/intercom

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 11:43:25 CDT 2011

Search the lists. Some hints:
Viking electronics makes a door box that connects to any analog line
(IIRC e-20).
They also make a DTMF keypad that integrates in series with any analog
line. They might also make a door box with a DTMF keypad on it.
Sandman makes a relay that will get energized when there is a ring on
the line which could be used to unlock the door.

However, why would you use asterisk? Using asterisk for the sole
purpose of MDU entry system is like using windows for asterisk, it
works but why?
Go for the commercial solutions, it comes with a geziilion options for
your setup one of them the ability of chosing an apartment, another
add key fobs, another one is the ability of using a code for the
residence (not guests) to unlock the door. Also the interface with
asterisk you will have to build one from scratch. The commercial
solutions have em built in.