[asterisk-users] No ringback even though progressinband=yes is set

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Thu Apr 7 16:54:25 CDT 2011

I have inbound calls going directly to a ring group. When callers call in, they (the callers) hear complete silence even though the phones that are part of the ring group ARE ringing properly. Employees can answer the calls when their phones ring, and everything works fine.

The problem is simply that the external caller never hears any ringing. Even if the SIP phones in the ring group ring for 5 rings, it is total silence even though there is ringing going on inside of the office.

I'm pretty sure it is a ringback issue.

I'm going to try to turn on SIP debugging & see what I can figure out that way. I do appreciate your help.

-
Doug Mortensen
Network Consultant
Impala Networks