[asterisk-users] No ringback even though progressinband=yes is set

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 13:36:07 CDT 2011

On 4/7/2011 11:02 AM, Douglas Mortensen wrote:
> Any ideas on why callers who call into my customer's SIP trunk are not hearing a ringback tone? I had this on one other asterisk system, and wound up needing to set progressinband=yes in the SIP trunk config.
>
> I have set this on the current system & restarted asterisk, but to no avail.
>
> I am using:
>
> AsteriskNOW distro
> Asterisk build is 1.6 from AsteriskNOW repository: asterisk16-1.6.2.17.2-1_centos5
> FreePBX 2.9
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)
>
> -
> Doug Mortensen
> Network Consultant
> Impala Networks Inc
> CCNA, MCSA, Security+, A+
> Linux+, Network+, Server+
> .
> www.impalanetworks.com
> P: (505) 327-7300
> F: (505) 327-7545
> .
>

> --
If you are referring to a ringback tone when they first dial your
system, meaning that they immediately hear your IVR when they dial your
PBX's number, it's because that's how it's supposed to work. Unless you
tell your PBX to use the Ringing() app and wait for a period of time,
Asterisk normally picks up at the beginning of the IVR (since the first
thing you have to do to send audio via Background or Playback is issue
the command Answer() to start sending actual audio. (Note: The Ringing
app just signals RINGING to the remote party)

--
Sherwood McGowan <sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com>
Carrier, ITSP, Call Center, and PBX Solutions Consultant