[asterisk-users] No ringback even though progressinband=yes is set

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:48:54 CDT 2011

On 7 April 2011 17:02, Douglas Mortensen <doug at impalanetworks.com> wrote:
> Any ideas on why callers who call into my customer's SIP trunk are not hearing a ringback tone? I had this on one other asterisk system, and wound up needing to set progressinband=yes in the SIP trunk config.
>
> I have set this on the current system & restarted asterisk, but to no avail.
>
> I am using:
>
> AsteriskNOW distro
> Asterisk build is 1.6 from AsteriskNOW repository: asterisk16-1.6.2.17.2-1_centos5
> FreePBX 2.9
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)
>
> -
> Doug Mortensen

In my personal experience with SIP and 1.6.x, that mostly depends on
where you are sending the call to. It depends on whether the next or
subsequent leg tries to use early-audio for the ring tone, or uses a
Ringing event to signal that is what is happening. It then depends on
whether the originating caller's equipment can understand early-audio
ringing.

We have a setup here where all our trunks support early-audio ringing
except one (an ISDN30 circuit) and we have to juggle things a bit
sometimes to ensure ringing occurs.

Perhaps provide more details? Or you may find that tracing the SIP
gives you the clue that you need.

Hope that helps,
Steve