[asterisk-users] No ringback even though progressinband=yes is set

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Thu Apr 7 11:02:51 CDT 2011

Any ideas on why callers who call into my customer's SIP trunk are not hearing a ringback tone? I had this on one other asterisk system, and wound up needing to set progressinband=yes in the SIP trunk config.

I have set this on the current system & restarted asterisk, but to no avail.

I am using:

AsteriskNOW distro
Asterisk build is 1.6 from AsteriskNOW repository: asterisk16-1.6.2.17.2-1_centos5
FreePBX 2.9

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

-
Doug Mortensen
Network Consultant
Impala Networks Inc