[asterisk-users] realtime mysql for 1.8

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Wed Apr 6 17:51:33 CDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Hans Witvliet <hwit at a-domani.nl> wrote:

[snip]

> I think i have to stick with mysql, as info is coming from other
> applications, but perhaps some of the other code can be tweaked.
> mysql is nice (lots of tiny programs writen for it), but i'm not
> religious attached to it ;-)

I should have been more clear.  res_odbc has better support in
Asterisk.  We use MySQL as our back-end database.  One benefit of
using ODBC connectors is that you don't have to be religiously
attached to the back-end.  The SQL code in Asterisk is generic, and
you could swap out for PostgreSQL or anything else that there is a
ODBC connector for.

> The amount of concurent calls will be small, but the amount of
> pre-defined users is fair (75K) So perhaps i should consider a mix of
> ldap and a DB.

While we don't have that many users defined on any one system, I would
test both independently.  Both together sounds complex to troubleshoot
when something breaks...

-Jonathan