[asterisk-users] realtime mysql for 1.8

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Wed Apr 6 16:59:01 CDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 13:57 -0700, Jonathan Thurman wrote:
> On 11-04-06 03:53 PM, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm going to have a go with realtime mysql.
> >> Just wondering, most examples i came across while googling, was with 1.6
> >> systems.
> >>
> >> So any drastic changes with 1.8.3, table-layout? other pitfalls?
>
> The tables migrate just fine, but you can update them to the newer
> terms (like directmedia instead of canreinvite).  Not all of the
> configuration options are found in the contributed SQL table
> definitions, and columns that aren't recognized are ignored (nice for
> a comment, etc).
>
> As far as pitfalls, there have been a few deadlock issues for SIP with
> Realtime.  Most that I have run into have been resolved, but check out
> issue 18818 if you use any local channels (there is a patch, but the
> issue hasn't been assigned yet).
>
> I don't think realtime has as wide as an audience, so the issues are a
> little slower to get resolved in SVN / releases.  Those that use it
> are pretty active in helping confirm issues and testing patches
> though.
>

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Paul Belanger <pabelanger at digium.com> wrote:
> > I suggest using res_odbc, it has better support.  Aside from that, I've been
> > testing it with 1.8 for a while; under light load (less then 5 channels).  I
> > have not had a problem.
>
> +1 for res_odbc
>
> -Jonathan
>
> --
Ok, tnx for the feedback.

I think i have to stick with mysql, as info is coming from other
applications, but perhaps some of the other code can be tweaked.
mysql is nice (lots of tiny programs writen for it), but i'm not
religious attached to it ;-)

The amount of concurent calls will be small, but the amount of
pre-defined users is fair (75K) So perhaps i should consider a mix of
ldap and a DB.

Hans