[asterisk-users] realtime mysql for 1.8

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Thu Apr 7 12:45:54 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 06 April 2011 14:53:00 Hans Witvliet wrote:
> I'm going to have a go with realtime mysql.
> Just wondering, most examples i came across while googling, was with 1.6
> systems.
>
> So any drastic changes with 1.8.3, table-layout? other pitfalls?

This isn't a pitfall that comes with the upgrade, but you should set
wait_timeout internal to the MySQL server to 864000 or higher.  This will
prevent a number of mysterious crashes that are otherwise possible (and
difficult to diagnose) with the threaded MySQL client driver.  This is the
case, whether you use the native res_config_mysql or the abstract
res_config_odbc driver.  The usual symptom of this problem is that Asterisk
crashes on the first call of the day on Monday morning and then is fine
(either for the rest of the week, or until the next morning, depending upon
how active calls are on your system).

--
Tilghman