[asterisk-users] realtime mysql for 1.8

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Wed Apr 6 15:57:46 CDT 2011

On 11-04-06 03:53 PM, Hans Witvliet wrote:

>> I'm going to have a go with realtime mysql.
>> Just wondering, most examples i came across while googling, was with 1.6
>> systems.
>>
>> So any drastic changes with 1.8.3, table-layout? other pitfalls?

The tables migrate just fine, but you can update them to the newer
terms (like directmedia instead of canreinvite).  Not all of the
configuration options are found in the contributed SQL table
definitions, and columns that aren't recognized are ignored (nice for
a comment, etc).

As far as pitfalls, there have been a few deadlock issues for SIP with
Realtime.  Most that I have run into have been resolved, but check out
issue 18818 if you use any local channels (there is a patch, but the
issue hasn't been assigned yet).

I don't think realtime has as wide as an audience, so the issues are a
little slower to get resolved in SVN / releases.  Those that use it
are pretty active in helping confirm issues and testing patches
though.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Paul Belanger <pabelanger at digium.com> wrote:
> I suggest using res_odbc, it has better support.  Aside from that, I've been
> testing it with 1.8 for a while; under light load (less then 5 channels).  I
> have not had a problem.

+1 for res_odbc

-Jonathan