[asterisk-users] best format for playback/generation

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Fri Sep 24 11:56:38 CDT 2010

The best format would be in whatever format asterisk is sending the
final audio out in. Even if you store it in the highest quality asterisk
may have to transcode it on the fly so its best to store it in an
already transcoded format to reduce the cpu load.
For dahdi you would want to use the native .sln format. For sip use
whatever coded you use over the sip connection.