[asterisk-users] best format for playback/generation

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 12:37:32 CDT 2010

If your sip provider supports gsm, then it is fine to send them your
existing format, but I am sure by the time voice reaches an end user, it is
transcoded at least once or twice again, so you can never guarantee what
quality the end user is getting. I would stay with ulaw, as it has more
chances to retain a better quailty even after a few transcodings, plus
almost every sip provider will be able to receive it as it is and pass it on
as received.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com