[asterisk-users] Purpose of qualify=yes

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Thu Sep 16 11:28:08 CDT 2010

One of the main benefits of qualify=yes is to detect network problems
with peers.
We send a lot of calls via a service provider using SIP but we have
qualify-yes set so that if it becomes unreachable the dial fails
immediatly without having to wait for a timeout which enables us to
seamlessly failover to an ISDN connection.