[asterisk-users] [OT-FreePBX] Outbound calls check inbound routes to see if destination is local?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu Sep 16 10:42:10 CDT 2010

Greetings-

First, my apologies for the OT post. Yes, I understand this is not the FreePBX-users mailing list. But, there are a large number of people that use FreePBX and I'm hoping they can be of assistance.

I have a system running Asterisk 1.4.27 (see... relevance!!!) and FreePBX 2.6.0. There are a large number of inbound routes configured for the various DID's coming in via PRI, SIP, etc. If a user calls outbound to one of these numbers, it goes out to the PSTN (using one channel of $0.0x/min), then comes back in on another channel (using another $0.0x/min).

Obviously, the one call is costing 2x the per minute rate when it could be costing nothing. Is there a way to tell FreePBX to check the inbound routes for a match, and if found, route locally instead of using the default PSTN routes?

I appreciate any comments, suggestions.

--Tim