[asterisk-users] [OT-FreePBX] Outbound calls check inbound routes to see if destination is local?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Sep 16 11:00:24 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Tim Nelson
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:42 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] [OT-FreePBX] Outbound calls check inbound routes
to see if destination is local?

Greetings-

First, my apologies for the OT post. Yes, I understand this is not the
FreePBX-users mailing list. But, there are a large number of people that use
FreePBX and I'm hoping they can be of assistance.

I have a system running Asterisk 1.4.27 (see... relevance!!!) and FreePBX
2.6.0. There are a large number of inbound routes configured for the various
DID's coming in via PRI, SIP, etc. If a user calls outbound to one of these
numbers, it goes out to the PSTN (using one channel of $0.0x/min), then
comes back in on another channel (using another $0.0x/min).

Obviously, the one call is costing 2x the per minute rate when it could be
costing nothing. Is there a way to tell FreePBX to check the inbound routes
for a match, and if found, route locally instead of using the default PSTN
routes?

I appreciate any comments, suggestions.

--Tim

Make a calling rule to identify lines that can be reached locally.  My
assumption is that the reachable lines/extensions would be SIP, but hey,
that wouldn't be the first time I was wrong today.