[asterisk-users] Bug with Realtime?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 10:39:16 CDT 2010

When making an outbound call, if sip peer is not registered, first it
registers itself, and then makes the call. This is why you don't see any
problem dialing out. For receiving, asterisk has to wait until the sip peer
registers, otherwise asterisk has nowhere to send the call.

I know the pain, as I deal with the same situation. So I don't do 'reload'
or 'sip reload' except if sip password (secret) has been changed, in which
case I prefer to use 'sip prune realtime peer <extension>' followed by 'sip
show peer <extension> load'. Most of the sip devices re-register every 60
seconds, or if they don't on a realtime network, depending upon the
bandwidth, they should be made to do so. Or in some cases you can send a
reboot signal to a sip device too. The bottom line is, try not to do a
'reload' as it would affect everybody else too by dropping their
registrations temporarily.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com