[asterisk-users] PostgreSQL is asterisk friendly with it?

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Mon Sep 13 10:47:10 CDT 2010

As I look to move our systems to version 1.8 I am looking at making a
change from mySQL to PostgreSQL.

I love mySQL but am getting very concerned about i'ts new owners.
Should I be able to move all my realtime stuff to PostgreSQL is it fully
supported with asterisk?
Is there any down side to PostgreSQL over mySQL or will it be a big win?
Our database servers are linux but we access them from asterisk as well as
windows are there any thing to be concerned with there?
I use c#, vb.net and mono to do a lot of our stuff are there any issues I
should know about?

Thanks
Bryant