[asterisk-users] SPA3102 FAX not working

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu Sep 9 08:59:31 CDT 2010

Can you clarify 'send FAX from SPA3102 to Asterisk' ? Are you running Fax for Asterisk software? Where do you expect your call to terminate?

As I understand it, without FFA or some of the patches floating around, Asterisk is not T.38 gateway aware. Without more information, it's hard to pinpoint the issue, but as a first step, I would *DISABLE* the 'FAX Enable T38' parameter on the SPA3102. This will not help the reliability, but you may see the calls go through properly.

A packet capture is always helpful as well. tcpdump on the Asterisk box or Wireshark on a box connected to your switch's mirror/span port will do.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105