[asterisk-users] Dial plan help

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Oct 23 07:34:45 CDT 2010

Jigar Joshi wrote:

> Currently I have created a dial plan using vdp I tried submitting it
> here but I don't know how to extract text version for the same .

After Googling a bit, I found that VDP is Visual Dial Plan for
Asterisk.  Neat little application, but I doubt you'll find many if any
here using it.  I also don't agree with their statement:

"Why should I use Visual Dialplan?

Simply because this is the easiest and fastest way to create Asterisk
dialplan.
You do not need to have Asterisk dialplan development experience to
create large and complex dialplans. Simply drag, drop and connect
components to create the dialplan"

If you don't have dial plan experience, then when things aren't working,
you'll be completely lost.

Hence as you are now.  I'd suggest you visit

http://asteriskdocs.org
http://www.voip-info.org

And learn how to code a basic dial plan.  You'll find many here willing
to help you at that point.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: