[asterisk-users] Cisco SIP 8.5 and 9.0 Issues

Gerard gsaraber at rarcoa.com
Wed Oct 6 07:56:31 CDT 2010

Hi James,
I have a smartNet as well, I contacted cisco for a login, so when I go
to the support section for 7900 series phones, then hit Download
Software, it lists this for the 7962G :
Expand all | Close all
Latest Releases
9.0(3)
All Releases
SIP v.9
9.0(3)
9.0(2)SR2
9.0(2)SR1
SIP v.8
8.5(4)
8.5(3)SR1
8.5(3)
8.5(2)SR1
8.5(2)
8.4(4)
8.4(3)
8.4(2)
8.4(1)_SR2
8.4(1)
8.3(5)
8.3(4)_SR1
8.3(3)_SR2
8.3(3)
8.3(2)_SR1
8.3(2)

kind of an ugly cut&paste, but you get the idea..

now I also have a 7960 phone, and I have the 8.12 firmware loaded on it,
and it works 99.9% flawless, it just 'forgets' its custom ringtone on
occasion.
but as you can see, no 8.12 is available for the 7962G..

-Gerard